Looking For Well-Paid Freelance Writing Jobs On The Internet
The Internet is a dream come true for those people looking for writing assignments. It is possible for a writer to find well-paying jobs and be able to pursue a creative career he or she truly enjoys. The jobs are certainly out there on the Internet and there are few ways that you can find one that pays a pretty good fee.
- Subscribe to Several Writing Portals. Don’t just limit yourself to one board when you look for writing jobs. Subscribe to several and check them a routine basis. It is true that any profile you have on one of these boards should be complete. Also, have some sample work for perspective clients to look at.
- Be Careful about Bidding. There is a temptation to be the lowest bidder for a given job. If you are just starting out or inexperienced that is not a bad idea. However, if you been a writer for some time and you have a good portfolio, then you should not shortchange yourself. Take a look at the bids for given position. Unless you are really talented you don’t want to be the highest bidder. You may want to find somewhere in the middle for the bid you submit.
- Enter Some Contests. This is a way to showcase your abilities. You might not win but you may do fairly well with the exposure. A prospective client may be one of the judges and take interest in what you have to offer.
- Consider Blogging. Blogging has become a very popular way for writers to advertise their services. You can use your blog site to let people know that your authority on a given subject. You can also use the site as a place to have some of your sample writing posted. If you develop a following for your blog, there’s a good chance you will always have paying clients.
- Take Advantage of the Social Media. LinkedIn is a B2B social network where clients go to look for candidates. You can also approach other people on LinkedIn to see if they need a writer. While you may want to be the author of the Great American Novel, being a copywriter for somebody on LinkedIn will pay the bill.
Sometimes you will need a little imagination in your marketing and there’s nothing wrong with that. By being persistent you will be favorably pleased with how many clients you are able to get. It may take a couple of months of patiently bidding but you may find yourself in a position where writing can be your full-time job. This is thanks to the Internet.